Friday, August 28, 2009

Stop. Pause. Delay. Whoa up.

Some of the blogs, articles, and other communique that I've been reading lately have made mention to this idea. And it's definitely not a new one, but it's a good one to stumble upon from time to time.

Just stop and live in the moment. Observe what's around you and be thankful. (This is a general reminder to me as well; I'm not trying to be ultra-didactic.)

This thought struck me last Sunday as I was emptying my EnviroVac in the backyard. I just took a minute, looked around, and realized that all the things that I allow to bother me and get me down are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. This is a view from my back yard. (The corn belongs to the neighbors.)

I'm thankful for my general health (stomach bug aside) and for having every material thing I really need. I'm thankful for blogs and chocolate and paper and (oh yeah!) friends. And for you for reading my blog. Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment