Friday, November 24, 2006

My Brush With Fame...(Sorta...)

So, Wednesday I was walking from my place to the supermarket to do some shoppin', as you do. A film crew had set up some craft and talent trailers in front of my apartment for a single day of shooting. They were doing a scene in a nearby record store meant to double as a place in Denver or something. Calgary is nothing if not outstanding in its sheer generic quality of cityscape. I mean, if you had to be placed in a Witness Protection program, I'd suggest Calgary. It's literally the last place on the planet anyone who wanted to 'whack' you would look. Don't get me wrong, I love this place. It's just that I've seen so many 'made-for-tv' type movie productions set up in downtown Calgary, I've taken it as just par for the course. Anyways, back to my story...

Passing by the trailers, I heard a girl's voice that sounded an awful lot like "Meg" from "Family Guy".

"Excuse me, you gotta light?"

"Um, sure.", I suavely said, reaching into my back pocket for my Zippo like James Bond would, if he had a back pocket. Checking the girl out. Dark, curly hair, slightly Slavic features, about five two, five three. Amazing pale grey-blue eyes. Dressed for Canadian winter. Nearby, an Andy-Dick-resembling P.A. had what I assumed was her pug-dog on a leash. I realized then I hadn't had a smoke since I got home from work, and didn't have any on me.

"Er, Here ya go, eh, you gotta smoke on you?" Real smooth and James Mason-like, Tom.

"Sure, that's a fair trade, smoke for a light. Hang on.", she perked, hopping into her trailer, then hopping out again.

"It's American, if that's alright."

"Hey, fine with me."

She proffered a smoke to me while using my Zippo to light hers. Gee, she was pretty, in a Jackie-from-That-70's-Show kinda way.

"Thanks, here's your lighter."

"You're welcome, have a good 'un." And so I continued to the store, lost in thought about the movie industry while she fussed over her pug-dog. Man, that girl was nice. And cute. I guess aspiring actresses 'nic-out' like everyone else. That girl kinda looked like Mila Kunis. Prettier, though.

Didn't think much of it 'til I got to work that evening, flipped through the paper before my shift started...

The Hell? What's THIS article?

"...and shooting in town, SOME RANDOM ACTOR GINK in "Straight-Edge" also starring MILA KUNIS?..."

Holy shit! I bummed a smoke off MILA KUNIS? MEG? Man, if I had known, Id've become Gibbering Starstruck Fanboy then and there! Can I take your picture, Miss Kunis? No one's gonna believe I met "Meg" from "Family Guy"! Why'd you do "American Psycho 2: Electric Boogaloo?" What's Macaulay Culkin got that I don't, anyways? Seth McFarland should give 'Meg' more to do in "Family Guy", dammit! Shee...

Mila Kunis smokes Parliaments. They taste terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment